Understanding Payroll Rules & Administration Including the DOL’s New Overtime Rules, Effective January 2020from Training Doyens
This webinar covers the complete context of payroll rules and administration made simple. It starts with the basic classification of workers, properly classified as Contractors or Workers. Rules for payment and administration of Contractors is outlined. FLSA exempt and nonexempt employee rules . Rules for payments to exempt and non-exempt employees are examined. FLSA overtime rule updates are outlined for non-exempt employees in addition to record keeping & reporting for all employees.
The webinar stresses that payroll administration is only accepted if perfect. Achieving perfection in payroll policies and procedures is the overall theme of this webinar. Special attention is paid to the understanding & implementation of the Department of Labor’s (DOL) new overtime rule, 2020. New Rules will require complete review of all jobs & descriptions, policies & procedures & handbooks. More employees will be eligible for overtime causing an increase in administration and costs. This major implementation will also have cultural impact as employees must be moved to different classifications for compliance.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Payroll is the most important aspect of any business. It leads to employee morale. It must be perfect and comply with all the rules. This webinar examines all the payroll rules and regulations of the FLSA and how to implement them to achieve perfection. It is a simple approach to payroll rules and administration and guaranteed to give attendees a good working knowledge of payroll rules & administration in simple to understand and apply tools & techniques.
• Proper classification of workers as contractors or employees
• Proper classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt under new rules
• Importance of job description in implementation of new rules
• Proper implementation of FLSA rules
• Proper payment under the FLSA exempt and nonexempt employee rule
• Achieving perfection and prevention consistent with the implementation of FLSA rules
• Identifying employees as exempt from the new overtime rules, 2020, in the categories of
• Computer professionals
• Outside sales professionals
• Salary and duties test under FLSA for exempt employees
• Consideration of record keeping, accounting & reporting policies & procedures
• Proper payment to newly classified exempt and those that by default fall to the non-exempt category
• How to handle non-discretionary bonuses consistent with paying overtime and the new overtime rules
• Possible reclassification of employees from exempt to non-exempt based on the salary threshold
Simple understanding of the rules and administration of payroll including determining employees vs. contractors, guidelines, & payment of contractors. Definition of employees as exempt or non-exempt, proper payment of exempts & non-exempts, proper payment of overtime and bonuses. Summary aspects of Department of Labor’s (DOL) new overtime rule, 2020
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• HR Personnel
• PR Personnel
• Planning & Budgeting Professionals
• All positions involved in personnel or payroll administration and the supervision of personnel
Years of Experience: 33+ years
Areas of Expertise: Finance, Accounting and Business Management
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen&Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard &Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
Use Promo Code MDTD20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
This event has passed.
June 4, 2020 from 1:00 to 2:15 pmJune 4, 2020 01:00 to June 4, 2020 02:15
Contact Training Doyens for more information
7209961616 or [email protected]