Fundamentals of S.W.O.T. for First Time Managersfrom Armaya Smith
S.W.O.T. is a key and fundamental building block in the strategic planning process for many organizations. It is a required skill in most capstone courses to graduate with a degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other types of business functions. And it is used as a common language in Most MBA curriculum. Yet it has lost some of its lustre and resilience as a defining business and strategic model over the years.
In the last several decades academicians and consultants have layered the beauty and simplicity of S.W.O.T. with needless complications and contrivances that were more self-serving than functional. The end result being a lumbering kind of dinosaur that was more vestigial than practical.
We will change that today! By understanding the fundamentals of S.W.O.T. and how those fundamentals can be applied, S.W.O.T. will remerge as a tremendously purposeful tool that can assist an organization in market penetration, vision/mission congruency, and a greater degree of rapidity toward the vision/mission by activity alignment of employees.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In personal development an old saying is, “If you are not making the progress that you would like to me or that you think you are capable of making it is simply because your goals are not clearly defined.” In contemporary business we can modify that to say, ““If your business is not making the progress that you would like it to me or that you think it is capable of making it is simply because your strategy is not clearly defined.”
S.W.O.T.analysis is a method of understanding the planning process. It is simple and to the point. S.W.O.T. strategic planning can form a common business language within the company’s culture and be utilized throughout the year, not just during the strategic planning cycle.
Understood correctly, S.W.O.T. can be an integral part of the daily management process of any organization.
If you are looking for an easy to understand road map to business strategy success, then understanding S.W.O.T. is essential!
• Introduction – 5 minutes
• You most critical challenges in managing the direction of your company - 10 minutes
• Why Planning is important – 5 minutes
• History of SWOT - 10 minutes
• Defining SWOT – 20 minutes
• What is T.O.W.S.? – 10 minutes
• What is P.E.S.T.E.L.? - 10 minutes
• Summary and wrap up – 5 minutes
• Q&A – 15 minutes
• Participants will leave with a historical perspective of SWOT and a firm grasp of the theory behind it as well as theability to use SWOT in Strategic Planning.
• An understanding of how SWOT fits into the Strategic Planning process.
• Participants will also understand TOWS which is a SWOT inversion and what that means to strategic planning.
• An understanding of how internal (to the organization) forces and external forces interact.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• C suite
• Human Resources
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
This event has passed.
July 24, 2018 from 1:00 to 2:30 pmJuly 24, 2018 01:00 to July 24, 2018 02:30
Contact Training Doyens for more information
+1-720-996-1616 or firstname.lastname@example.org